Easy pie that requires no baking.
For the crust:
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
For the filling:
1 package (3 ounces) instant vanilla pudding*, prepared according to package instructions but decrease quantity of milk called for by 1/4 cup
1 cup macapuno preserves, drained
For the rum cream:
1 cup whipping cream, chilled
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons rum
Garnish: sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
*Click the link for an easy homemade Vanilla Pudding Mix if you don’t have it in stores.
Prepare the crust:
1. Combine the graham crackers, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for 10 minutes.
2. Pour in the prepared pudding and top with a layer of macapuno.
Prepare the rum cream:
1. Combine the whipping cream, sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer until stiff.
2. Spread the cream carefully over the macapuno.
3. Chill overnight to set.
4. Serve with a sprinkling of toasted coconut flakes for added crunch.
Adapted from a recipe in the cookbook “Kape” by Vicky Veloso Barrera and Chit Juan.