1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups oatmeal
2/3 cup dried mango, snipped or cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and eggs until well mixed.
3. Blend in the flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
4. Stir in the dried mango pieces until evenly distributed. If the dough seems soft, chill for half an hour.
5. For soft, chewy cookies, drop the dough by tablespoonful on an ungreased baking sheet. (I lined my baking sheet with parchment paper for easy transfer and clean-up.)
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are brown.
7. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Adapted from a recipe in the cookbook Kape: A Philippine Coffee Cookbook by Vicky Veloso-Barrera and Chit Juan.