Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Mango Bits
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2/3 cup dried mango, snipped or cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and eggs until well mixed.
- Blend in the flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
- Stir in the dried mango pieces until evenly distributed. If the dough seems soft, chill for half an hour.
- For soft, chewy cookies, drop the dough by tablespoonful on an ungreased baking sheet. (I lined my baking sheet with parchment paper for easy transfer and clean-up.)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Adapted from a recipe in the cookbook Kape: A Philippine Coffee Cookbook by Vicky Veloso-Barrera and Chit Juan.