This pancit recipe is definitely pinoy style pancit. Its the classic Pancit Bihon Guisado special recipe prepared in simpleng handaan for fiesta, birthday and other special occasion in any Filipino home. Super yummy!
SPECIAL PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
1 package, 12-16 ounces rice sticks (bihon), soaked in water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced diagonally
1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, sliced thinly
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large carrot, sliced into matchsticks
1 cup green beans, sliced diagonally
1/2 head cabbage, sliced into squares
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce (optional)
1-2 cups broth, depending on how moist you want the noodles
Drizzle of sesame oil, aromatic
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add chicken breast and Chinese sausage. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add green beans, carrots, cabbage, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook until vegetables are half-cooked.
4. Pour in broth (do not pour all at once, start with 1 cup then check if you need more), and let boil. Drain the rice stick noodles and add to the wok. Also, add the shrimps.
5. Toss the noodles and shrimps to combine with vegetables and meat. Cook until noodles are tender and shrimps are pink.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Drizzle a little sesame oil and do a final toss. Turn off heat.
8. Transfer to a platter. Garnish with sliced green onions, fried garlic and lemon wedges.