“Chocolate and eggplant as a dessert. Sure, why not?The first time I saw this prepared was in David Rocco’s “Dolce Vita” cooking show. I was definitely intrigued to try this somewhat strange combination. Jamie Oliver, British chef known for his show the “Naked Chef” also has his version of chocolate eggplant dessert. But his is more difficult involving layers of interchanging eggplants, chocolate sauce and nuts. Quite impressive though.” But for us beginners, let’s try the easy and simpler version…
Chocolate Eggplant Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Cooking Oil
- Chocolate bar/chips
- Heavy cream
- Almond slivers, toasted
- Pignoli nuts (pine nuts), toasted
- Slice eggplants horizontally into 1/2-inch thick pieces.
- Dredge in all-purpose flour
- Fry in hot oil until edges are crispy. Lay on some paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- Melt some chocolate in a saucepan in low heat. Add a little bit of milk or cream. Once smooth and glossy, turn off heat.
- In a serving plate, lay the fried eggplants. Drizzle with the melted chocolate sauce and top with toasted nuts. Enjoy!
- Final Verdict: WINNER! Its very yummy!