This heavenly treat is a popular Pinoy Recipe to make and give away for Christmas. Practice making these in advance for the coming holidays or special orders.
FOOD FOR THE GODS
1 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Prepare and preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Use any oil or cooking spray. Grease and flour a rectangular baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, using medium speed. Beat together the butter and honey. Add the sugars gradually, beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, beating thorougjly after each addition.
4. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt; add a large spoon of the dry ingredients to the chopped dates and toss to coat well with flour.
5. Combine all of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Gently fold dates, any remaining flour and the walnuts.
6. Place the batter into the prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Let it cool completely, then slice it into squares and wrap in cellophane with ribbon.
A special Holiday Recipe you must try:
Credits and Special thanks to Kitchen Offerings
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.