KALDERETANG KAMBING (GOAT STEW)
1 ½ pounds goat meat, cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, sliced
3 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon crushed chili or fresh Thai chili
1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
6 tablespoons liver spread
3/4 cup Spanish green olives (optional)
1/2 cup vinegar
1 piece large carrot, cubed
1 large potato, cubed
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cups water
Salt & pepper for marinade & to taste
- Combine the vinegar, salt and ground black pepper in a large bowl then marinate the goat meat for at least an hour (this should eliminate the gamey smell and taste of the meat) then separate the meat from the marinade.
- Heat cooking oil in a pot. Sauté the garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Stir in the marinated goat meat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and add the crushed chilis and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the water and allow to boil. Simmer for at least 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the liver spread and cook for 5 minutes. (You may add more water if the sauce seems to dry up.)
- Put in the potatoes and carrots and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the olives and bell pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!