KALDERETANG KAMBING (GOAT STEW)
1 1/2 pounds goat meat, cubed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, sliced
3 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon crushed chili or fresh Thai chili (optional)
1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
6 tablespoons liver spread
3/4 cup Spanish green olives (optional)
1/2 cup vinegar
1 piece large carrot, cubed
1 large potato, cubed
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cups water
Salt & pepper for marinade & to taste
1. Combine the vinegar, salt and ground black pepper in a large bowl then marinate the goat meat for at least an hour (this should eliminate the gamey smell and taste of the meat) then separate the meat from the marinade.
2. Heat cooking oil in a pot. Saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes.
3. Stir in the marinated goat meat and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the tomato sauce and add the crushed chilis and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the water and allow to boil. Simmer for at least 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
6. Add the liver spread and cook for 5 minutes. (You may add more water if the sauce seems to dry up.)
7. Put in the potatoes and carrots and simmer for 8 minutes.
8. Add the olives and bell pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve hot.