Skip to content
Apple Turon Recipe
- 4 golden delicious apples, cored and shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Spring roll wrappers
- Cooking oil for frying
- Melted caramel candy for drizzling (optional)
- Put the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and flour in a pan. Stir over low heat until the apples are cooked and the mixture is thick. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Wrap spoonfuls in the spring roll wrapper. Fry until crisp.
- The caramel drizzle is optional. But I like that it gives a little bit of candy chew against the crunchy outside and the soft apple filling inside.
- Place caramel candy and a tablespoon of water in a glass bowl and microwave for 10 seconds or more. Keep an eye to make sure it doesn’t overflow and make a mess in your microwave.
- When melted stir and drizzle sparingly. It also hardens immediately so work fast. A few chopped nuts for garnish. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: