Simple and quick recipe you can cook for Milkfish – BANGUS BELLY BISTEK! Filipinos favorite and it becomes more delicious when marinated overnight.
BANGUS BELLY BISTEK
1 kilo boneless milkfish (bangus) belly,
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 large white onion, sliced into 1/2″ rings
1/2 head of garlic, crushed & minced
1/3 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of calamansi/lemon juice
Ground black pepper
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 cup water
1. Marinate sliced pieces of bangus belly in the soy sauce, calamansi/lemon juice, garlic and black pepper for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Remove fish from marinade. Set aside the marinade.
3. Heat cooking oil in pan. Fry bangus skin side down first until golden brown. Then turn over and fry the other side for 2 minutes. Set on a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Then transfer to a serving dish.
4. Leave about 1 tablespoon oil in the pan, add the saved marinade, oyster sauce and 1/2 cup water and let boil until reduced to half.
5. Add onion rings and cook until slightly wilted.
6. Pour sauce and onions over the fried bangus.
7. Garnish with fried garlic.
You may also try our new recipe:
Credits Kitchen Offerings