Sneak in one final fabulous barbecue and highlight it with an awesome slaw side dish. This is a perfect Holiday Coleslaw ever.. Super yummy to partner to any Barbeque or grilled meat!
Fruit and Nut Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 cup Marzetti Original Slaw Dressing (I used yogurt dressing recipe below)
- 1 pound shredded cabbage (or slaw mix) – shred it with a peeler*
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup pecans (or mixed nuts – grounded or chopped finely)
- ½ – 1 cup blue cheese ( preferably blue cheese, made it really delicious)
- Combine shredded cabbage, strawberries, oranges, grapes, pecans and blue cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing and gently stir until all ingredients are well coated with dressing.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- 1 tablespoon honey/sugar
- 1 dash salt
- ½ cup plain yogurt/or flavored (preferably low fat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Make the salad dressing, combine yogurt, dash of salt, one tablespoon honey and two tablespoon mayonnaise. Mix it well and serve it chilled with the salad. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).