What is an authentic guacamole recipe? A guacamole is a mexican food made of mashed avocado served as a dipping sauce, salad dressing or sandwich spread. It is seasoned with herbs and spices that makes it so yummy to any tortilla chips or garden fresh salad. The mexican would call it “Guac”.
What are your favorite guacamole ingredients? Here are some add-ons you may like to add aside from the authentic recipe.
I make mine a bit different each time. You can add a teaspoon of mayonnaise, coarse salt, lime juice, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, nutmeg, and paprika. Adding mayo can make it so smooth and creamy.
How do you keep guacamole from turning brown? I know some of you may have experience this. But did you know that you just have to leave the pits in it, it won’t turn brown? Yes, that’s the secret of making it stay fresh green and not brownish after sometime.
I could eat guacamole every. single. day. Real authentic mexican “Guac”!
Authentic Guacamole Recipe
2 ripe avocados (black in color, slightly soft to the press)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons Roma tomatoes, minced (not too ripe)
1 white onion, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp Kosher salt (adjust to taste pref)
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
1. Slice each and pit the avocados.
2. Scoop out their flesh and transfer into a large bowl. Then mash the flesh with a fork. Mash it until it becomes a coarse paste. You can also use a blender to make it so smooth in texture.
3. Stir in the cilantro, onion, tomato, some jalapeno, and lime juice.
4. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. You can add more salt and lime juice to your liking. Add back the pit to the mixture to keep the avocado from turning brown od discolored. Transfer it in a bowl with tight cover or cling wrap and chill in the fridge until ready to use or serve.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.
You may also check this delicious recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.