Have you ever tried baking a pineapple chiffon cake yet? It’s yummy and citrusy specially with a pineapple glaze frosting. Perfect match to your Pinacolada drink. Happy baking!
Pineapple De Chiffon Cake
2 ¼ cups cake flour
1½ cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
5 egg yolks
⅔ cup Pineapple Juice (use the 100%)
½ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest / 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
8 egg whites, (should be room temperature)
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
For the pineapple glaze: (optional)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons canned Pineapple Juice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C)
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, in a mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, pineapple juice, oil and lemon peel. Stir them together and add to the dry ingredients; Stir until well blended. Set aside.
4. Using your stand mixer and mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
5. Use a rubber spatula and fold about a quarter of the egg whites batter to the yolk batter and mix until combined. Slowly fold remaining egg whites gently until batter is uniform in color.
6. Transfer into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Using a metal spatula, slice through the batter to remove air pockets and smoothen the top gently using an angled spatula. Place a cover on top with a piece of aluminum foil to avoid browning too quickly on the top.
7. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert the pan on a wire rack/ bottle neck and let cool completely for about 1 hour or so. This will help prevent deflating your chiffon cake.
8. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to your serving plate.
9. To make the glaze: Mix the confectioners’ sugar, melted butter and pineapple juice to yield a glaze consistency. You may add more pineapple juice as needed. Drizzle over top of cake allowing some of the glaze to drip naturally down the sides.
Store cake at room temperature in a tightly closed cake container.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. Send it to us via email: email@example.com
Don’t forget to join our Facebook Group. Mama’s Guide Recipes (Official Group) and beware of fake groups trying to copy the group name.