Who doesn’t love carrot cakes.. but this one is doubled in flavor because it is also infuse with apples and baked as a loaf. It’s very easy to make, the carrots and apples made it really moist and healthy bread for the family. Enjoy!
Carrots Apple Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (about 1 large peeled and trimmed carrot)
- 3/4 cup grated apples (I used 1 medium apple)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Greased one 9 x 4.5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the the first eight ingredients, through nutmeg, and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour, add baking powder, baking soda and fold with spatula gently until just combined; don’t over mix.
- Add the carrots, apples, and fold gently to combine.
- Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out and cooling completely. Happy baking!
Cooking notes: Place a cover on your pan, or use a foil at 35 minutes if you feel the tops and sides will become too browned before center is cooked through.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Credits Dodo’s Homely Bakes