Leche Flan + Cassava Cake in one.. You don’t want to missed this out. Its one of the best Kakanin combo ever. Gooey and milky. Super yummy in every bite. Perfect dessert for the Holiday Season.
Cassava Flan Recipe
- Oil or melted Butter for greasing molds
- ½ kilo grated Cassava
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed Milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can Coconut Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cardamom (optional)
- cupcake liners (optional)
For the Custard Topping:
- 1/2 of (14 oz.) can of condense milk
- 1/4 cup Half and half (alternative: all purpose cream)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Don’t forget to grease your molds and cupcake liners.
- Use a large mixing bowl, combine grated cassava, condensed milk, coconut milk, eggs, and ground cardamom until well incorporated. Pour into the prepared molds.
- Bake for around 50 minutes or until cooked through. Take it out from the oven and pour your custard mixture. Gently tilt your molds to even out spread.
- Place it back in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Take it out from the oven. Let it cool and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Option 1: You can use a torch or
- Option 2: Broil it in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the brown sugar on top.
- Option 3: Or you may also pour caramelized brown sugar cooked in pan and quickly pour on top of each mold.
Let it cool, serve and enjoy! Happy Baking!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
ATE JOSEPHINE’S PANCIT PALABOK RECIPE