These are the days where we eat and eat and eat. But no good meal ends without something sweet. So here you go.. why not try this simple and sweet refrigerated cake. Gateau Marie is just like Filipino Graham cake. Discover their difference.. It’s very simple to make.. you can also involve your kids! They will love helping especially licking the remains of a Nutella jar.
Gateau Marie (Refrigerated Cake)
- 3 packets Morning Coffee Biscuits (Lotus Biscoff, Crawfords, Arnotts)
- 1 medium jar Nutella
- 2 pack fresh cream (or all purpose cream/ about 25% fat)
- 1 tbsp coffee
- 500 ml hot water
- 1 tin Nestle cream
- Grated chocolate
- Start by preparing the black coffee using the 1 tbsp coffee and hot water.
- Beat fresh cream until thick and fold in the Nutella using a wooden spoon.
- Assemble the gateau by dipping the biscuits in the coffee and placing them on the bottom of a rectangular cake dish. Cover base completely since this will be your foundation.
- Next pour a layer of Nutella and fresh cream mixture over the biscuits. Repeat the layering until you run out of biscuits.
- Finally finish with a layer of biscuits topped with Nestle cream and grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve.