1 kilo Ox tongue (cleaned, boiled, skin removed, and thinly sliced)
1 1/2 cups Tomato sauce
1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp oyster sauce
3 cloves garlic, (minced)
1 medium-sized onion, (sliced)
1/2 cup green olives
1 cup button mushrooms
1 tsp black pepper
2 pieces of potatoes (peeled , thinly sliced crosswise)
2 tbsp liver spread
4 cups water
1 piece beef broth cube (optional)
3 pcs laurel leaf
1 tsp rock salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
1. Boil Ox tongue in 4 cups of water, beef cube and laurel leaf for 2 hours or until the ox tongue is tender.
2. Once meat is tender, set aside the broth.
3. Let the meat cool for 30 minutes then remove Ox tongue’s skin.
4. Slice meat into 1″ strips
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry potatoes until brown. Set aside.
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Saute onion and garlic
3. Add 2 cups of beef broth, tomato sauce, oyster sauce, liver spread, pepper, green olives, button mushroom, white wine and the sliced Ox tongue meat.
4. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced to half.
5. Add salt (optional)
6. Serve with fried potatoes as garnish.
Serve and enjoy!