Try this super quick and easy recipe of Cheesy Cauliflower. Simple ingredients you can quickly cook! Don’t make it too complicated.. make it simple, easy but delish!
Some add-on ideas, if you have extra sitting in your pantry: assorted cheeses like Velveeta, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, bacon strips etc. You can add some as extra toppings or add it in the final cooking of your white sauce. Happy cooking!
- 1-2 head large cauliflower (leaves cut off), broken into pieces
- 500ml milk (or 2 ¼ cups fresh milk or any)
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or any, Quickmelt, Eden etc.)
- 2-3 tbsp. breadcrumbs, if you have them
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil, then add the cauliflower. Cook it for 5 mins. Check a piece to test, it should be cooked. Drain the cauliflower, then transfer to a dish
- Place the saucepan back on the heat and add the milk, flour and butter.
- Keep stirring fast and use a whisker as the butter melts and the mixture comes to the boil – the flour will disappear and the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Stir for 2 mins while the sauce simmer and create small bubbles.
- Constantly stir until sauce becomes nice and thick.
- Turn off the heat, add in some cheese and add over the cauliflower pieces.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Serve and enjoy!