Planning for an asian style barbeque or gathering this weekend? You gotta try this Korean Chicken BBQ recipe. Authentic, spicy chicken! I so love this..its so yummy! The gochujang paste made the perfect taste of korean spicy chicken. Happy grilling! Enjoy
Korean Chicken BBQ Recipe
For grilled chicken:
1 ½ Kg chicken, cut in serving size
1 cup (or more) of Korean BBQ Sauce
For the Korean BBQ Sauce* (makes 4 pints):
3 cups (700 ml) reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 cups (660 g) light brown sugar, packed
1 cup (240 ml) plus ¼ cup water (60 ml), divided
1 cup (240 ml) soju or sake
½ cup (105 g) gochujang
½ cup (120 ml) mild honey
⅓ cup (80 ml) rice wine vinegar
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (57 g) minced garlic
¼ cup (57 g) grated fresh ginger root
4 scallions, roots trimmed off, thinly sliced
1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and grated on the finest side of a box grater
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Korean chili pepper powder or crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons (29 g) Clear Jel, (or cornstarch/ dilute in little water to make slurry)
2 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. For grilling: Prepare grill and heat for about 300°F (or 150°C).
2. Start to grill chicken and position it side up. Grill and cover for about 15 minutes. Turn over chicken and grill for another 10 to 15 minutes. Until internal temperature reaches at least 160°F (70°C).
3. Lower grill temperature to medium-low heat. And lavishly brush chicken pieces with Korean Barbecue Sauce to moisten and prevent from drying the chicken. Grill again with cover for about 2 minutes. Keep on turning the chicken and brush on sauce constantly. Cover grill and cook another 2-3 minutes.
4. For the Sauce: In a shallow sauce pot, mix and stir soy sauce, light brown sugar, 1 cup water, soju or sake, gochujang, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, scallions, grated pear, black pepper, and chili powder (or crushed red pepper flakes). Mix until well combined and let it boil. Cook for 5 minutes while constantly stirring.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the clear gel and ¼ cup water until well incorporated. Gently stir the starch/water mixture into the barbecue sauce. Let it boil for 1 minute or until sauce becomes thick.
6. Brush more sauce on chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seed. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.