This simple pork and Tokwa stir fry recipe (tofu) is super tasty and delicious. The black beans are already salty so make sure you don’t put more than the prescribe recipe. There is no need to add salt because the fermented Tausi is already salty in taste. For some of you who doesn’t know where to buy Tausi or fermented black beans, you can buy it in Palengke or Supermarket. They sell it in small pouches with brand like “Ram” fermented black beans or Chinese brands. You can easily find it in beans and pickled isle of large groceries.
PORK AND TOKWA (STIR FRY)
- 4 block Tokwa (dried tofu)
- 1/2 kilo pork, cubes (kasim)
- 1 tablespoon black fermented soy beans
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sliced ginger
- 1 small chili pepper chopped
- 1 inch spring onion white part chopped
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Chopped fresh herbs, parsley or spring onions
For the Marinade Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice fried tofu into cubes and do the same with pork.
- In a bowl, marinade pork in pinch of salt and cooking wine for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and toss ginger, garlic and Sautee until it becomes fragrant.
- Add sliced pork and sauté until color turns brownish. Toss black fermented soy beans, 1 teaspoon light soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar and salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped herbs of your choice, like spring onions or parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
The fermented black soy beans already contains salt. Do a quick taste test and adjust seasoning accordingly.