750g Plain Flour
125ml fresh milk
250ml fresh warmed up water
2 teaspoon yeast
2 teaspoons salt
oil for greasing
15ml water for the glaze
1. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix. Make a hole in the middle and set aside. Melt margarine and milk and warm up the mixture and add yeast to the milk mixture. Be careful not to overheat it – it should just be warm to the touch.
2. Stir margarine, yeast and milk until yeast dissolves. Then place back to bowl you set-aside in the first step. Pour the milk, yeast and margarine mixture then add your water little by little. (You dont need to all water, adjust as needed). Mix until a sticky dough is formed. Place sticky dough on dusted or floured board and kneed for a good 15 minutes.
3. Lightly grease a large bowl which is spacious for the dough once it rises. Put dough in oiled bowl. Cover with a wet cloth and place in a warm place for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
4. Once the dough has doubled, punch it hard in the center to dispel the extra air. Arrange your baking sheet and grease it. Transfer dough from the bowl and place on your lightly floured board and knead again for another 15 minutes. Divide small portions of the dough and shape it into balls and place into your greased baking sheet.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and place into the oven when it reaches the right temperature. Bake for 25-30min.
6. To make the glaze – dissolve the sugar in the water and heat.
7. When the buns are cooked, remove them from the oven and glaze them while they are still hot. Serve and enjoy!