Make this classic English or british cake. Madeira cake loaf in 5 easy steps! Only 6 ingredients, 5 steps and 1 delicious cake!
• 1/2 cup margarine, softened (125g)
• 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners)
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 ½ cup Self-raising flour
• 1/2 cup milk
Self-rising flour substitute:
To make your own, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer whisk the butter and sugar and add vanilla flavouring.
3. One by one, add each eggs while mixing thoroughly with milk.
4. Mix and add flour and combine well for about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture into loaf tin pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.