Make this classic English or British cake. Madeira cake loaf in 5 easy steps! Only 6 ingredients, 5 steps and 1 delicious cake!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened (125g)
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup Self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
Self-rising flour substitute:
To make your own, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer whisk the butter and sugar and add vanilla flavoring.
- One by one, add each eggs while mixing thoroughly with milk.
- Mix and add flour and combine well for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into loaf tin pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.