Make this classic English or british cake. Madeira cake loaf in 5 easy steps! Only 6 ingredients, 5 steps and 1 delicious cake!
• 125 g margarine (softened)
• 1 cups icing sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 1/2 cup Self-raising flour
• 1/2 cup milk
Self-rising flour substitute:
To make your own, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer whisk the butter and sugar and add vanilla flavouring.
3. One by one, add each eggs while mixing thoroughly with milk.
4. Mix and add flour and combine well for about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture into loaf tin pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.