Here is the Milo Chiffon cake recipe. I’m so loving the wonderful Milo flavor in this soft fluffy cake. For me, Milo not only a great beverage, it’s also a marvelous ingredient in baking too. Please do note that this recipe, doesn’t need a baking powder.. because thats how milo work in this recipe.. aside from the chocolate flavor of course. Happy baking!
Milo Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolks
3 ½ tbsp sugar (40 grams sugar)
½ cup (100ml oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup cake flour (160g)
¼ tsp salt
150ml warm milk (any liquid milk)
1 ¼ cups Milo powder (150g)
1 cup egg whites
4 tbsp sugar (60g)
1. Milo Mixture: Mix in Milo powder into warm milk, stir well until powder is dissolved. Set aside
2. Use a hand mixer, whisk yolks and 40 grams sugar until well blended. Add in oil, vanilla and Milo mixture, mix thoroughly. Add in sifted flour and salt. Mix well until evenly incorporated.
3. Egg white Mixture: Use another bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peak. Add in 60 grams sugar gradually and beat using hand mixer until it becomes hard peak. Add in 1/3 of the egg white mixture into Milo mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the remaining egg whites, fold in gently until well combined. Transfer the mixture into an ungreased 21cm chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven of 180°C for 45 minutes.
5. How to Prevent your chiffon cake from deflating? Open the oven doors, let the heat gradually go down for a few minutes, remove pan from oven and invert pan into a wire rack. This technique will prevent it from deflating by controlling the residual heat flow. Once cool, remove from pan or unmold. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website today. Visit our website everyday to learn more new Filipino recipes and more. Happy cooking and enjoy!