This Mango Chipotle Chicken Wings are spicy, smoky and sweet. Make sure to marinate it overnight and let all the flavor sink in to the chicken. However, if you can’t find any mexican chipotle peppers, you may substitute any hot peppers available to you. Chipotle has a mild smoky flavor and its like jalapeno pepper. So substituting it with another pepper is still ok but without the smokyness.
Chipotle Mango Chicken Wings
1 kilogram chicken wings
2 ½ cups Mango purée
1 can chipotle peppers
½ cup greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
4 stalks green onion, diced
4 tablespoon chili/chipotle powder
1. Make Ahead: Marinate wings overnight in 1 ½ cup of mango purée, add the chipotle peppers from the can (reserve the juice) and cracked black pepper. Make sure wings are submerged into the marinade sauce. Keep it inside the fridge to marinade overnight.
2. Dry wings off, let them rest on a cookie rack with a kitchen towel or place paper towel on them.
3. Season wings on both sides with salt, pepper and chili/chipotle powder.
4. When baking the wings, place it on a cooking rack, so the wings will cook evenly and crisp. You don’t want these sitting in their own drippings.
5. Bake it in preheated oven over 375°F (190°C) until golden crispy and turning chicken once. Brush it with extra marinating sauce 3 minutes before turning off the oven.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!