Vietnamese Chicken Pho – Piping Hot Soup to beat any cold weather or even on rainy days. It will hit the spot! Perfect vietnamese comfort food. Try it today.
Vietnamese Chicken Pho Recipe
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1-inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil Coupons
- 12 oz. dried pho noodles
- A handful of fresh bean sprouts
- A handful of fresh mint
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- a handful of Thai basil
- Lime wedges
- In a pot of water, bring it to a boil to cook noodles. Follow package instructions to cook. Drain and set aside.
- In another pot, boil a stock with ginger, chilies, fish sauce, and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While watching over your stock pot on the stove, start seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper. Fry your chicken in a skillet, heat cooking oil over high heat. Sear the chicken, and set aside.
- Prepare the cooked noodles on 4 bowls. Pour broth on each bowls and place chicken slices on bowls. Garnish with bean sprouts, mint, cilantro, and basil.
- Squeeze over some lime juice, and add more fish sauce if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!