This Butter Chicken Recipe is Filipino style, easy and simple. Adapted from India’s original Butter Chicken recipe. Try the pinoy style, it is simple yet immensely richer and thicker in sauce. It taste like chicken curry. Yummy! This is a lighter version of India’s classic butter chicken with a touch of Filipino taste. The recipe is very basic and the special ingredient garam masala can be purchased in online stores like Lazada, Shopee and in major supermarkets in Metro manila.
Here’s a quick wiki of India’s Butter Chicken:
Butter chicken or murgh makhani (Hindi: मुर्ग़ मक्खनी) (pronounced [mʊrg məkʰaːniː]) is an Indian dish of chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce. It is served in India and abroad. The dish has its roots in Punjabi cuisine and was developed by the Moti Mahal restaurant in Daryaganj Delhi, India. – Wikipedia
BUTTER CHICKEN (FILIPINO STYLE)
- 250 grams chicken breast
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 pieces long green chili (siling pang-sigang)
- In a pan, melt butter over low heat and sauté garlic until lightly brown. Add in chopped onions and toss until translucent. Add-in chopped tomatoes and continue to sauté and light mash the flesh to squeeze out juice.
- Add in chicken pieces and sauté together until chicken is brown on all side.
- Season with with turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala and yogurt.
- Pour in fresh milk and mix it together. Bring it to a boil and add long green chilis. Let it simmer over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy!