Dont waste your stale bread. These Toasted Garlic Breads are very quick and easy to make for breakfast. Just use any stale bread like pandesal, tasty, baguette or french bread. Its really delicious with my hot green tea. Happy cooking!
Toasted Garlic Bread (Using Pan)
10 slices of stale bread (pandesal, tasty or french bread)
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoon butter/margarine/star (or more)
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves (or any fave dried herbs available)
pinch of salt, to taste
1. In a large non stick pan, melt 2 tbsp butter and tilt the pan to cover rhe whole pan with butter. Then, add the minced garlic and season with salt and dried herbs. (Low heat)
2. Once the butter is melted and distributed well on the pan, add the stale bread around the pan. Let it cook over medium to low heat.
3. Let it cook, but don’t toast too much, then turn over to cook the other side.
4. You may add another set of butter after turning it over. Serve it hot and enjoy!
5. Super yummy! If serving kids you can use a pinch of sugar instead of salt to make it slightly sweet after you remove it from pan.
TOASTED GARLIC BREAD II (Using Oven)
1 baguette, preferably a day old
125g soft butter
6 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ teaspoon white pepper
Mix the above together and allow to set in the fridge.
Cut bread into thick slices ¾ way through.
Spread the garlic butter in between slices.
Cover with foil. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 15 minutes.
Add grated cheese in between the bread slices. Serve hot and enjoy!