What are the Benefits of Jackfruit/Langka according to experts?
●May reduce risk of cancer
●Prevents heart disease
●Helps control your blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels
●Improves eye and skin health
Langka Shake (Jackfruit)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup fresh langka/jackfruit (diced)
2 cups vanilla ice cream
½ cup milk
1. In a bowl, sprinkle some sugar over the jackfruit and let stand for about 10 minutes. Sprinkling sugar will help draw out the juices and can sweeten the langka. (This step is only applicable to fresh langka and not needed if using canned langka with syrup).
2. Blend the macerated langka in a blender until smooth and pureed. All juices and syrup that accumulated in the bottom of the bowl can be included.
3. Once smooth, you may add the vanilla ice cream in the blender. Let the ice cream soften, so it is easier to blend.
4. Add ½ cup of milk over the ice cream.
5. Continue to blend for about a minute or until thoroughly smooth in texture.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of milk (little by little), if the mixture becomes difficult to blend.
7. Serve and enjoy!