Skip to content
It’s a baked meatballs sandwich in a casserole… Super yummy for the family! You can use baguette bread or any thick crust bread or french bread. Enjoy!
Meatball Sub Casserole
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 loaf French bread or any thick crust bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or basil)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce or 3 ½ cups
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In medium bowl, mix onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add beef and combine well.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoon and shape into 1-inch balls. Arrange on a plate. Freeze it for 5 mins to set. And fry it on a pan, until it becomes lighly brown. Drain from oil and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
- In a baking dish, arrange bread in a single layer (no need to grease). Set aside left over or unused bread.
- In a medium bowl, mix in cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper until well combined. Spread it over or on top of the arranged bread in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- In another bowl, combine tomato sauce, water and garlic. Then add your fried meatballs. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Charlie Chan Pasta