Moist and delicious Grilled Squid or in Filipino we call it “Inihaw na Pusit” or “Binusog na Pusit“. They smelled so good because of the butter. Yummy! (Updated Recipe April 2, 2021)
Grilled Stuffed Squid Recipe
1 kilo medium to large fresh squid
1 bottle or 1 cup Sprite (for extra sweetness)
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoon minced ginger
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp Lemon juice
2 tsp Honey
2 medium-sized onions, minced
2 medium-sized tomatoes, minced
2 tbsp Garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash the squids and remove the skin, head, innards and ink sac. Wash the body tube with water thoroughly.
2. Transfer the squid in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients. Let it marinade for 1 hour or more. Set aside.
3. Prepare the filling mixture and stuff it to the squid cavity. Lock the tube using toothpicks.
4. Pat the squid with paper towels to remove excess moisture on the skin.
5. Before grilling, brush the squid with butter (to prevent it from sticking on the grill).
6. Prepare the fire and brush the grill with oil.
7. Start grilling the squid over blazingly hot coals and brush it with prepared baste/sauce when the skin starts to dry up. It should be intense direct heat. The hotter the grill, the faster it will cook the squid.
*You can slightly slit the squid’s tummy (if it’s large) once it’s half cooked to avoid spilling its filling.
8. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to cook the squid. You will know it is cooked when there are grill marks. Don’t overcook or else the squid will come out chewy.
9. Once the squid is cooked, brush it with butter to moisten the skin. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.