1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Butterfresh margarine
1 cup White King all purpose flour
Vanilla Cream Filling:
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup fresh milk (any tetra pack liquid fresh milk sold in supermarket like Selecta)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cook and prepare your vanilla cream filling (See procedure below); set aside. In another sauce pan, combine water, salt and butter in a saucepan. Using medium heat, cook this mixture until it boils.
2. Mix in White King all purpose flour, stirring constantly until thick and batter leaves the sides of the pan. Set aside and let cool. Beat in eggs one at a time, beat until mixture is smooth.
3. You may use a cake decorator without tip, and form beehives just like the photo on top and arrange it on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes at 400°F. Slit side open with pointed knife to let out the steam. Cool.
4. Fill each puff with vanilla cream filling and drizzle with caramel syrup on top.
5. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Procedure for Vanilla Cream:
1. Scald Selecta fresh milk in saucepan for 10 minutes. Cool. Blend cornstarch with milk. Scalding means boil and simmer milk and keep stirring in a deep saucepan, dont let leave pan as it may overflow.
2. Add sugar gradually; mix thoroughly.
3. Beat in eggs with wire whisk.
4. Cook over low flame; stirring constantly until thick. Add vanilla; blend well.
Caramel Syrup: 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup hot water
Procedure for caramel syrup:
Heat sugar to melt in a pan. As soon as sugar is light brown, add 1/2 cup hot water to dissolve caramelized sugar and form syrup. May be stored in covered bottle.