This White Chocolate Cake Gateau is simple and sophisticated. The perfect combination of cream fraiche made the cake so creamy with a very slightest touch of sour. We would like to thank Gregg Wallace’s White Chocolate Gateau, courtesy of Divine Chocolate for the recipe.
White Chocolate Cake Gateau
For the cake:
butter, for greasing
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
50g white chocolate, finely grated (about ⅓ cup)
⅔ cups crème fraîche**
1 cup (200g) white chocolate, broken into pieces
⅓ cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all purpose cream, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
**crème fraîche – “a type of thick cream made from heavy cream with the addition of buttermilk, sour cream, or yogurt.
Homemade Creme Fraiche: Mix 1 cup eavy cream + 1 tbsp yogurt. Leave it covered for 24hrs at room temperature (21°C). Mix it after and ready to use for cooking.
1. Grease and line the bases of two 8 inch round cake mould. Mix eggs and caster sugar together in a large bowl using an electric beater until it becomes very thick.
2. Use a large sifter and sift flour in a bowl. Add the grated chocolate and combine in using a large metal spoon.
3. Divide the mixture between the prepared moulds and bake in a preheated oven at 176°C (350°F) for 20–25 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Spread crème fraîche and use it to sandwich the 2 layers of cake together on a cake plate or stand.
5. Put the white chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl to melt in a double broiler. Let it melt over a very light heat of simmering water.
(Double broiler is a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water but the base of the bowl is not touching the water)
6. Make sure to let it cool first, then mix in the cream and icing sugar and beat until smooth and it forms soft peaks. Spread it over the top and side of the cake using a spatula or flat knife.
7. Decorate the top of the cake as desired with white chocolate bars, shredded white chocolate, chocolate chips, wafer sticks and other cake decors. Be creative.. Happy baking!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST and visit us everyday here in our website for more new recipes to learn.