(STICKY RICE CAKE W/ JACKFRUIT)
Forgive me but I tweaked the usual recipe a bit. I like those chewy and crunchy edges achieved by putting the pan of biko in the oven for about a half hour or so until you see that browning of the edges. Then I put a healthy mound of fried coconut curd (latik) on top of the square sections.
4 cups sweet rice (malagkit)
2 cups water
1 pound brown sugar
2 cups coconut milk
1 jar of langka w/ syrup
1 can coconut milk – Cooked and reduced into brown curds.
1. Cook rice and water in rice cooker or stove top. It will be half-cooked.
2. Heat coconut milk and sugar until thick. Set aside.
3. Remove langka pieces from jar and slice into smaller chunks. Set aside with reserved syrup.
4. Stir in the coconut milk and sugar mixture, and the langka pieces and syrup into the cooked rice.
5. Transfer into a 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until edges are browned.
6. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Slice into squares and place a mound of the coconut curd on top of each.