BAKED MUSSELS W/ DYNAMITE SAUCE & PANKO CRUMBS
1 kilo Australian Mussels
1 1/4 cup mayonnaise, (preferably Kewpie mayo or Japanese mayonnaise)
2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon smelt roe (masago)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Defrost the mussels and drain off all liquid. For ease of consumption, remove mussels from shell and return to its former place.
- Prepare the dynamite sauce by mixing together mayonnaise, Sciracha, garlic and smelt roe. Combine well. Set aside.
- For the Panko crumbs, drizzle grapeseed oil to crumbs just enough to moisten. Set aside.
- Put dynamite sauce on top of mussels. About a teaspoon, spreading to cover edges.
- Top the sauced mussels with the Panko crumbs.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges. Enjoy!