1 kilo australian Mussels
1 1/4 cup mayonnaise, (preferably Kewpie mayo or japanese mayonaise)
2 tablespoons Sciracha hot sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon smelt roe (masago)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Defrost the mussels and drain off all liquid. For ease of consumption, remove mussels from shell and return to its former place.
3. Prepare the dynamite sauce by mixing together mayonnaise, Sciracha, garlic and smelt roe. Combine well. Set aside.
4. For the Panko crumbs, drizzle grapeseed oil to crumbs just enough to moisten. Set aside.
5. Put dynamite sauce on top of mussels. About a teaspoon, spreading to cover edges.
6. Top the sauced mussels with the Panko crumbs.
7. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
8. Serve hot with lemon wedges.