These cookies are just that. Best you’ve ever tasted. But then I’m biased because I baked them. And half a dozen other people will testify in court on how good these are. I know, a bit of exaggeration but you follow my drift….right? Okay, to settle the matter, bake a batch and find out for yourself why these are the best.
Best Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Whisk Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir in:
- 3 cups oats (old-fashioned kind)
- 1 ½ cups dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- Do not over mix (over mixing develops the gluten making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet w/ parchment paper or sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!