Don’t expect real brown rice in this recipe. Soy sauce is the culprit why this fried rice has turned brown.
3 strips bacon
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3-4 cups cooked rice
1 egg, slightly beaten
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Fry bacon in a skillet. Drain on paper towels then crumble.
2. Using 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings, saute onion until tender.
3. Add the rice, peas, mushrooms and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the beaten egg. Combine well and cook until egg is done.
5. Add crumbled bacon and sliced green onion, mix well.
6. Salt & pepper to taste.