What makes this Filipino Spaghetti uniquely Pinoy is the use of banana ketchup and Filipino brand hotdogs that are bright red in color.
Here’s a party size of Filipino Spaghetti recipe for any occasion. Happy cooking!
2 pounds spaghetti
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 large bottle banana ketchup
2 (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) tomato paste
7 pieces Filipino brand hotdog ( Martin’s, Purefoods or Magnolia), sliced diagonally
1 large green bell pepper, diced
1 head garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish
1. Cook spaghetti as per package directions, making sure pasta is tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
2. In a pot, heat cooking oil. Saute garlic and onion.
3. Add ground beef. Cook until browned. Pour cup of water and add bay leaves, simmer for about 15 minutes.Add ground beef. Cook until browned, drain excess oil of beef, then return back in pan. I hate too much oil in spaghetti, so if I used beef I drain excess fats after sauteeing. Pour cup of water and add bay leaves, simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Add banana ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste and bell pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 15 minutes more.
5. Add brown sugar and hotdog. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, combine pasta with some meat sauce. Toss to coat evenly.
7. Plate pre-sauced pasta. Ladle extra sauce on top. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese.
You may also try our:
Credits: My Kitchen Offerings
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.