(JACKFRUIT IN COCONUT MILK W/ DRIED SALTED FISH)
1/2 kilo unripe jackfruit, sliced
3 pieces dried fish, soaked in water
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, diced
1 can coconut milk
1 teaspoon chili paste
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes in medium hot oil, about 3 minutes.
2. Add chili paste, cook for another minute.
3. Pour coconut milk and bring to a boil.
4. Add jackfruit and place dried fish on top. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until jackfruit is tender. Spoon coconut milk on top. Do not stir.
5. Dried fish is already salty so season with salt and pepper accordingly.
6. Serve with steamed rice.