Ginataang Langka at Daing
- 1/2 kilo unripe jackfruit, sliced
- 3 pieces dried fish, soaked in water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes in medium hot oil, about 3 minutes.
- Add chili paste, cook for another minute.
- Pour coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add jackfruit and place dried fish on top. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until jackfruit is tender. Spoon coconut milk on top. Do not stir.
- Dried fish is already salty so season with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!