Indulge in rich, airy, creamy and heavenly chocolate.
GODIVA CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 bars (1.5 ounces) Godiva dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- grated chocolate
- fresh strawberries, toppings
- Place 1/3 cup heavy cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and cream comes to a boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add oil and vanilla and whisk until fully combined and creamy. Let cool 5 minutes or until tepid. Set aside.
- Whip remaining heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate while waiting for chocolate mixture to completely cool. Fold one half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into glasses or a 1-quart souffle dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until set. Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate and fresh strawberries on top. (You can put maraschino cherry on top or some other thin crispy cookie if you prefer.)
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Adapted from a recipe at www.godiva.com