For the kids and the young at heart, these are simply irresistible. Soft center but with M & M crunch in every bite.
There are cookies like these sold in supermarkets but usually they are dry, cakey, and crumbly. When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, warm and straight from the oven goodness can’t be beat. All you’ll need is a glass of milk. Wink, Wink!
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate M & M’s mixed into the dough
1/2 cup for placing on top of dough mounds
1. Cream your butter and sugars until well combined in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour your egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
3. Add your flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. stirring to combine.
4. Scatter chocolate chips and 3/4 cup M & M’s.
5. Using a scooper, 1/4 cup measure, or your hands, form 15 equal sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly.
6. Add about 1 tablespoon of M & M’s to the top of each mound.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with silpat liner or parchment paper.
9. Place chilled dough mounds on baking sheet, spread at least 2-inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet.), and bake for 11 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from www.averiecooks.com