Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas or in english term, it is Milkfish in Guava Sour Broth. This is one of the classic favorite soup that Filipinos love specially good for rainy days.
I used the last of the giant guavas that has ripened and made the soup extra yummy!
SINIGANG NA BANGUS SA BAYABAS
1 whole bangus (milkfish), cut into pieces
1 large tomato, diced
1 small onion, sliced
1 bunch sitaw (long beans), broken into 3″ long pieces
1 bunch kangkong (water spinach), torn into 3″ long pieces, remove tough stems
1 packet sinigang sa bayabas mix
1 giant guava (that’s what I used), so maybe 3 small ripe guavas
2 chili peppers
1 clove garlic, minced (used to remove fishiness from the broth)
4 cups water
1. Bring to a boil 4 cups water in a pot with the onions, tomatoes and garlic.
2. Add sitaw, cook until halfway tender.
3. Stir in packet mix and guava pieces.
4. Put in fish and chili peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Lastly, add the kangkong. Cover the pot. Turn off heat.