Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
Try this Pumpkin Pie recipe remake,
using Sweet Potato (Kamote). Came out so close to Pumpkin Pie.
If you’re not a fan of pumpkin pie and because of tradition you just got to make some. No problem, who says it has to be just pumpkin?Sweet potato certainly is up for the challenge. I highly, highly, highly (you get the point) recommend this. It is soooooo good. Don’t take my word for it. Make it (like right now).
Sweet Potato Pie (ala Pumpkin Pie)
- 2 cups peeled, cooked sweet potatoes (Kamote)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
(Got No Oven? You can also make your own no bake pie crust using grahams!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare your filling, use an electric hand mixer and beat the potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and spices in a large bowl. Blend well and thoroughly.
- Pour the milk and continue stirring.
- Gently pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.