For the filling:
1 1/2 pounds of ground pork
1 whole carrot, finely diced
1 medium onion, finely diced
6 pieces green onions/ scallions, finely sliced
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients used for wrapping the lumpias:
1 egg white, beaten
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cooking oil, for frying
40 pcs, lumpia wrappers
1. Combine ground pork, carrots, onions, green onions, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well, preferably with your hands.
2. Place 1 tablespoonful of filling on one end of a wrapper. Fold the end of the wrapper over the filling tucking in tightly. Continue rolling, folding over both sides, wet the edges with either water or egg whites to seal and prevent lumpias from opening up.
3. Cut the lumpias in half. Dip both ends in flour before frying. This will seal the ends and make it extra crispy.
4. Fry in medium heat. The meat is uncooked so you want to fry it longer than usual.
5. Serve with Sweet Chili Sauce or Spicy Vinegar Sauce.
See photos for step by step visualization: