Special Embutido for special occasion, holiday or festivals. This embutido recipe is not the regular recipe you’ll find any where. They are specially made to satisfy the palate for a special celebration . Happy cooking!
Special Embutido Recipe
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs or panko (or 3-4 pieces of ground tasty bread)
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup onion (grated)
- 1 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1/2 or 1 cup minced red bell pepper/ green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4-5 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or cream cheese)
- Salt, pepper, knorr liquid seasoning, to taste
- Slices of hard boiled eggs (or salted egg)
- Hotdogs, sliced thinly lengthwise (or vienna sausage)
Packaging: Aluminum Foil or Plastic bags
- Prepare your steamer and make sure its already boiling when you start steaming your embutido.
- Prepare the foil and equally cut it to rectangular size.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except for the hard boiled eggs and sausage. Mix until well incorporated. Divide the mixture into 4-5 portions.
- Spread and flatten the mixture onto the center of each foil, leave an allowance space on each side.
- Divide the slices of hard boiled eggs (1/4 or 1/6) and sausages. Place each slices in the center of each flattened mixture alternately. Hold one side of the foil and roll until the ends of the mixture covers the eggs and sausages.
- Roll the aluminum foil to form a tightly packed log of about two inches in diameter. Then secure it in both ends. Repeat it with the remaining portions.
- Once all done with foiling. Place all your packed embutido in prepared boiling steamer. Place pot cover and steam for one hour.
- Let it cool and store in the fridge before serving. Share and enjoy!