Have you ever wondered why it’s called “Buffalo wings”? Got nothing to do with the animal. It was invented in Buffalo, New York at Anchor Bar, considered to be the “Home of the Original Buffalo Chicken Wings”.
Traditional Buffalo wings are deep fried and then slathered with the hot sauce mixture. Since I’m all for less mess and easy clean-up, my Buffalo wings were baked in the oven.
Pinoy Style Buffalo Chicken Wings
2 pounds chicken wings (about 12 wings)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce (Like Frank’s)
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Slice away wing tips. Cut wings in the joint area.
2. Mix rest of ingredients to form a marinade. (Reserve 2 tablespoons for basting the chicken wings after baking) Let the chicken wings sit for half an hour to marinate. Once dons, drain chicken from marinate.
3. Transfer the chicken wings in an ovenproof baking dish and bake at 450 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
4. Taks it out from the oven and baste the wings with the reserved marinade.
5. Transfer wings to a serving platter and serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dip and celery sticks.
You may also try our:
TThanks for dropping by our website. Visit us everyday to learn more new recipes. Happy cooking and enjoy!