For All You Ube Lovers Out There! I am too.. ?
1 1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 egg yolks
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup cashew nuts, chopped
3/4 cup ube halaya
1. Cook and brown the nuts. Let it cool and set it aside.
2. Use a strainer to mix flour and baking powder.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy and creamy.
4. Add in egg yolks one at a time while beating.
5. Gradually add flour mixture. Keep mixing until well combined.
6. Add and fold toasted nuts.
7. Prepare a rectangular pan about 9 inches by 12 inches and line with parchment paper.
8. Pour mixture in prepared pan and spread out evenly. About 3/4 of the batter.
9. Add the layer ube halaya into different areas of the pan. Then use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
10. For the remaining batter, spoon it over and place on top of the ube halaya like little islands. Leaving small spaces in between. It will create small cracks on top as if ube filling is saying hi to prying eyes.. ?
11. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until golden brown.
12. Cut into squares.