These Cheesy Garlic Prawns are also a good appetizer. Just like baked tahong.. these are absolutely good for any finger food party you have in mind.
Cheesy Garlic Prawns
10 large size tiger prawns, cleaned, trimmed
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup quickmelt cheese
1/4 cup salted butter
5 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 lemon, juice (or 3 pcs calamansi)
1. Slice the back of each prawn, at the center downward from head to tail. Slightly cut the prawn meat from the back to remove the black vein. then open the prawn like a butterfly. Do this with the rest of the prawns.
2. Prepare a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Place and arrange the butterflied prawns side by side, meat facing up, splash with lemon juice.
3. Season the top with garlic, then with the grated butter. Place in a pre-heated oven and bake at 180°C for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Take it out from the oven and top each prawns with grated cheese. Grated cheddar cheese followed by quickmelt cheese
5. Continue to bake at 180°C to 200°C for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese start to melt and turn brown in color in some spots. Remove from oven and arrange the prawns in a platter.
6. Drizzle with the juices that were collected from the baking dish and serve.
You may also try our:
Credits: Sheryl Yee
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.