The world’s famous coleslaw recipe in the world – none other than the KFC Coleslaw Recipe. Simple and yummy!
KFC Coleslaw (Copycat Recipe)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s mayonnaise must be used to get the most authentic KFC slaw flavor)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk (alternatively plain yogurt)
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (approx. 1 head)
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- The ideal cabbage and carrots are chopped into very fine pieces (as seen on photo)
- In a large salad bowl, mix all the ingredients, mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in large bowl. Whisk until smooth and all flavors are well combined.
- Toss in cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well.
- Place cover and refrigerate for several hours. It’s even better when refrigerated overnight when all the flavors have sink in. Serve it with your favorite crispy spicy chicken. Oh it’s so yummy! I hope you enjoy this delicious KFC coleslaw recipe. Happy cooking!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
KFC ORIGINAL SECRET CHICKEN RECIPE
Credits Carl Christie