PAKSIW NA PATA WITH BEER
- 1 large pork pata, sliced (preferably front leg)
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup dried banana blossoms, cleaned and soaked
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small laurel leaf
- 1 or 2 Oregano leaves
- ½ cup vinegar
- Salt, soy sauce and pepper to taste
- 6 pieces saba banana, fried
- Brown sugar to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and clean pata and transfer into a deep pot.
- Pour beer and enough water to cover the pata.
- Let it boil and simmer for about 2 -1/2 hours or until it becomes tender.
- Remove any scums that will float.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the saba or sliced bananas.
- Continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add sliced bananas and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy!