Pansit Quadra Recipe
- 1 Packed (227 g) Canton noodles
- 2 lbs. fresh mussels, cleaned
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped to bite size
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp black beans
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- For Pineapple Sauce Thickener:
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- In a medium pan, heat some oil using medium to high heat. Sauté garlic and onion until lightly brown or until fragrant. Toss in sliced bell peppers, celery and broccoli. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss and cook for about 3 minutes.
Remove and transfer vegetables to a plate. Set aside.
- Prepare Noodles: In a medium pan, heat oil using medium to high heat. Sauté ginger for 3 minutes or until lightly brown. Add black beans and crushed it with a slotted spoon or form. It will add on flavor.
- Add in water, oyster sauce and soy sauce and let it boil.
- Then add in your noodles and cook over medium heat until it becomes soft.
- Toss in the vegetables, “pineapple sauce thickener” and fresh oyster. Cover the pan and let simmer for until all mussels are open.
- Serve hot with calamansi slices on the side. Enjoy.. Happy cooking!!!
- For Pineapple Sauce Thickener: Combine the pineapple juice and brown sugar, stir until sugars dissolve. Add cornstarch and mix until smooth and free from lumps.