Ingredients for Cake:
2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1½ cups sugar
1½ cups canola oil
2 cups finely grated carrot
1 can (250 grams) of crushed pineapple, drained
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ cup butter
1 cup cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
28 grams icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease three 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Then add the sugar, canola oil, and eggs; mix well.
3. Next add the carrot and pineapple. Blend thoroughly.
4. Distribute the batter evenly among the three pans.
5. Bake the cakes for 35-40 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake them.
6. Remove the pans from the oven and cool for 15-20 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
7. When your cakes have cooled, make your cream cheese frosting by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl using an electric mixer while gradually adding the icing sugar.
8. Finally frost the cake and spread a thin layer between each layer of cake.
Serve and enjoy! Happy baking!