If you love carrots..this carrot cake is super-moist topped with delicious cream cheese frosting and decorated with edible carrot topper. This carrot cake is an all time season dessert. I always enjoy baking it, no matter which season it is! There are two recipes for your options; one for steaming and one for oven baking.
Super Moist Carrot Cake (Steamed)
- ¼ cup (30g) flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder (sifted together)
- 250g butter, cubed (softened at room temp)
- ⅔ cups fine sugar (130g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 ¼ cups raw carrots, finely grated, (200g)
- 1 cup walnuts, ground (80g)
- For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ cup butter, softened at room temp
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup icing sugar, sifted (28g)
- For Garnish:
- edible carrot toppers for cake
- Toasted walnuts
- Toast nuts: Place nuts in a dry sauté pan over medium heat. Toast, while shaking the pan to avoid overheating in 1 spot. Remove from the heat after 3 to 5 minutes when the nuts have achieved a nice pale golden color. Then ground in food processor (reserve some for decor or cake garnish)
- Prepare the steamer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with fine sugar until creamy. Add in vanilla essence and eggs one by one and continue beating.
- Add the sifted flour a little at a time on a low speed of beating until well combined.
- Add in the carrots and ground walnuts. Mix to combine. Transfer into greased round pan.
- Steam the cake for about one hour or until the cake is fully cooked. Set aside to cool on a wire rack. Unmold once cool.
- Make your cream cheese frosting by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl using an electric mixer while gradually adding the icing sugar.
- Finally, frost the cake and spread it out with a spatula, covering the top and sides of the cake. Garnish the side with chopped walnuts and top with edible carrot cake topper.
- For Chocolate shaving decorations, use a Silicone Chocolate Fondant Thin Sheet molds for melted chocolate.
Super Moist Carrot Cake (Baked)
2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1½ cups sugar
1½ cups canola oil
2 cups finely grated carrot
1 can (250 grams) of crushed pineapple, drained
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ cup butter
1 cup cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
28 grams icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease three 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Then add the sugar, canola oil, and eggs; mix well.
3. Next add the carrot and pineapple. Blend thoroughly.
4. Distribute the batter evenly among the three pans.
5. Bake the cakes for 35-40 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake them.
6. Remove the pans from the oven and cool for 15-20 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
7. When your cakes have cooled, make your cream cheese frosting by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl using an electric mixer while gradually adding the icing sugar.
8. Finally frost the cake and spread a thin layer between each layer of cake.
Serve and enjoy! Happy baking!